Monday, September 19, 2011

The plan, part 2

The shelter needs blankets for adults and babies. Blankets for twin/full beds should tuck around beds. Here's standard retail size for blankets that fit around mattresses.

Baby: 40 x 40 inches (doesn't need to tuck around anything)
Twin 66 x 90 inches
Full/Queen 90 x 90 inches

I'm aiming for a twin blanket with my first project. I'm using acrylic yarn scraps, a size H hook, and four different patterns. I think I want to make the joining and border color dark green (there's more green than what I put in that bottom team picture, don't worry).  Here's hoping I don't run out!  The layout pattern looks to be like 9 squares across, 13 down, unless joining and blocking changes that a lot.


I also have a little baby blanket I can make, too. It will be predominantly white, with variegated Easter pastels and two shades of light green.
So. This is what I'm doing. Next post, I will give you some hints on what you might do.

No comments:

Post a Comment