Monday, September 19, 2011

The Plan

I'm collecting 7" afghan squares, knitted or crocheted, for making into blankets for Family Supportive Housing.

Quick rules for these squares:
* Use acrylic yarn or machine-washable wool ONLY
* G-H hook if crocheting, 6-8 needle if knitting.  Not too floppy, not too stiff. 
* any color, any pattern, as long as it is 7" on each side and equilaterally SQUARE 

If you're interested in helping out, comment below.  I'll be posting pics and progress of the squares I'm doing. Please go to the above linked website for more info about the shelter and to check out their wishlist.

Ask any questions you can think of-- I'd love to brainstorm with folks to find out the best way to make the most squares and do the best job we can!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I should mention the yarn should be worsted weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I'm not much into making squares, but I do make afghans, the twin size all in one pattern type. And I could probably break down a few patterns into squares and I have left over acrylic yarns from making afghans for my mom.
    We need to talk. Saw the crafting plans for late Oct so we can probably talk then.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete